so long...
last weekend, my hard drive BROKE. it didn't crash, it didn't have some sort of software damage or whatever the fuck you techies say...it fucking broke. i lost everything. and NO...i didn't back anything up. never thought i had to. yes, i'm retarded...but, my boyfriend NEVER told me to back things up when i first got my laptop. i mean...you have to tell a computer idiot shit like that, you know?
therefore, all my memories from japan are gone. i have lost all my photos. i've lost HELLA music. i've lost everything. the only way to get it is to go to a specialist who has a clean room who can extract it from my hard drive....which can cost anything from 800-3000 bucks. we decided to hold onto it until i can afford it someday.
that's why i havn't posted anything recently. i havn't been on my computer. we (or rather, i should say Danny) performed surgery on my laptop and extracted the old hard drive (is it two words?) and put a new one in. so, i do have a functioning computer. also, we got a copy of tiger (the new OS X for mac), so i have tiger running on my G3. neat.
it breaks my heart to be on my computer though.
everything breaks my heart.
therefore, all my memories from japan are gone. i have lost all my photos. i've lost HELLA music. i've lost everything. the only way to get it is to go to a specialist who has a clean room who can extract it from my hard drive....which can cost anything from 800-3000 bucks. we decided to hold onto it until i can afford it someday.
that's why i havn't posted anything recently. i havn't been on my computer. we (or rather, i should say Danny) performed surgery on my laptop and extracted the old hard drive (is it two words?) and put a new one in. so, i do have a functioning computer. also, we got a copy of tiger (the new OS X for mac), so i have tiger running on my G3. neat.
it breaks my heart to be on my computer though.
everything breaks my heart.

3 Comments:
I´m sorry to hear that. Let me know if I can help with anything. I have lots of photos from Japan (and I have all of your photos from Vietnam) so maybe I can help you to rebuild your photo album.
I have lots of photos from Japan and None from your photo album but I can help too if you want. I don'have my hardrive backed up either...should get on that one
oy, sorry to hear about that. i'm always having computer troubles. sometimes, my computer will just spontaneously shut down. mp3s are replaceable, even though it'll take a long time to build back up again. at least you have a few pictures uploaded online. it is heartbreaking though, i know.
Post a Comment
<< Home