Wednesday, August 02, 2006

a year ago on this day, i moved out of my apartment and said good bye to my life in yokkaichi, mie-ken, japan.

i remember i had to lug HELLA shit on the trains and amongst the hustle and bustle of tokyo. as soon as i arrived at my aunt's place around lunch time, i CRASHED for hours. that would have to go down as the most stressful time in my life.

i know it's time to let go, but i do miss japan, and most of all, all my friends. i miss the teachers that befriended me, my students, everyone. i miss takeru.

i remember last august was one of the most emotionally painful times in my life. a year later, i'm not sure how much better it's become. however, i do feel optimistic.....everything will be alright.

mood: reflective
background music: the utlimate remix - the artifacts

3 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

I can't believe that it's been over a year since I left Japan. My god... how quickly time passes us by now a days!

2:33 AM  
Blogger Yoon said...

One year already? Wow, time really does fly! I could have sworn it was only last month that I was scrambling to track down those boxes at your house!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Princess Inaka said...

Take the things you learned and cherished there and incorporate them into your life in the US.
Every decision we make it a good one, we just have to make sure that we make them so.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home