Monday, December 11, 2006

the results

it's FINALLY over. phew.

god loves me. i started my period on the morning of the tournament.

my round robin group was tough. i played a girl from poland, and another from singapore. the polish girl was tall. i hate playing tall girls. i don't play well against them. my frustrations got the best of me and i messed up, giving up a point in overtime. however, i beat my opponent from singapore 2-1. then, singapore beat poland. therefore, singapore and i were tied. i beat her in a very long match that lasted maybe 10 minutes or so.

then, i played a girl from new zealand and beat her pretty quick.

after that, i met up with someone from korea. it was her. the korean beast that scared the shit out of me in scotland. and no...she hadn't slowed down any. she is a BEAST. i paid better attention to her this time. she's about 5'8"-9", and SUPER fast and scary. however, i didn't let her get the best of me this time. i held my own. but, i lost 1-0. but, i ended up finishing in the best16 again, and being the only girl from my team to take home anything. i got the fighting spirit award, which is kinda like an honorable mention. this will be the second time i got to receive this honor.

but, since we played so shitty in the team match, no one stayed to watch the award ceremony and see me get my award. not even my own parents. well, to be fair, no one knows who's going to receive it until the awards ceremony.

we didn't get out of our round robin group during team. we lost to korea (but, no so badly), and lost to Germany. what sucks is that my match was the important one. what sucks harder was that the point was TOTALLY not in, and i got robbed of everything i worked hard for. i do have a vendetta against this chick. it's not her fault, but i still need to prove to her that she didn't beat me.

there will always be a winner and a loser in a competition. dreams will come true, while others will be crushed. ours was crushed.

i have many thoughts to share about this, and i will share them later.

thanks to all three of you for your support during this year.

i hope i made you proud.

3 Comments:

Blogger Princess Inaka said...

You're still my hero. I bet without her shinai and her fancy armour the chick from Korea is a wimp! If I ever meet her I will challenge her to a bare fisted brawl, then she'll get taught!
I think you're awesome that you put so much into something. I don't think I have the drive to do that. Very inspiring my dear. I finally found a dojo near my house (now that I live in the city) but the practices are 8-10 and I work 2-8!!! So dissapointing, I really wanted to start again. Booo. Oh well, maybe one day.
Cheers
J

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shan,
I am still very proud of you, and were any of the chicks hot in Taiwan? jk, anyways, catch up with you laters

Joe from OC

6:09 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

You are awesome Shan. I don't know anyone who is top 16 in the WORLD for anything!! Therefore, you rock and are the most badass shinai-wielding lady in my book.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home