A Tribute to My Baby Boy
Takeru passed away this evening. I am absolutely devastated. He was not even two years old. He was my first cat that I took care of all by myself. He was my best friend. Without him, I think I would have gone crazy in Japan...all alone in my apartment.
I am racked with guilt. I feel that I have been selfish, concentrating on my training and not spending enough time with him during his last days. I was also planning to put him to sleep before it got worse. I was hoping that he'd make it to Monday since I had to leave tonight for LA for practice. What did I do today instead of spending time with him? I woke up for a hair appointment that took almost 4 hours. Afterwards, I dropped by my sister's place to see him for about 10-15 minutes because I had to go home and pack for LA. I saw him and he was breathing heavier, and I was really worried, but I thought he'd make it to Monday. I was planning on spending the night at my sister's after I got home from LA to spend his last night with him. My sister called me about 20 minutes after I left. Takeru was gasping for air and my bro-in-law was on his way to take him to the emergency vet. When I called my brother to get directions to the emergency vet, my bro-in-law informed me that Takeru passed away in the car. I let my best friend die in agony. I will have to forever live with that; knowing my baby boy suffered so much in his last moments. I am so sorry, Takeru.
He was such a sweet boy. Here are some pictures of him during his short stay on earth with me. Thank you, Takeru, for being my cat and keeping me company in Japan. I'll bring you home soon.
here he is the day after i found him at jusco. remember, i found two kittens at jusco and put them in my bike basket and rode with howling kittens for 15 minutes to beth's apartment. beth has his brother, ninja, in oregon.

he was so tiny...that remote control reminds me of how he used to love watching tv with me.
this is him on my couch (he loved the couch) at about 5-6 mos of age.

he loved to rip up the toilet paper...he looks so guilty here.

anything in plastic bags had to be hidden from him cuz this is what he'd do to them.

he ate all my plants. here's evidence.

he loved my couch...he was so cute.

here he is in america now....looooungin. he loved my sister's place, and i'm glad that he liked it there.

springtime is so nice in japan. this photo was taken at my school right before i brought takeru to the states. i felt like i was in samurai showdown walking along this path with the petals falling on me. japan was good, bad, and everything in between. but, i found my little guy there. when i think of the beauty of japan, one of the things i think about is these cherry blossoms. takeru, i'll bring you back to your home. i will always cherish the memories. forgive me for letting you go the way you did. i'll see you again someday. i miss you and love you, my baby boy.
I am racked with guilt. I feel that I have been selfish, concentrating on my training and not spending enough time with him during his last days. I was also planning to put him to sleep before it got worse. I was hoping that he'd make it to Monday since I had to leave tonight for LA for practice. What did I do today instead of spending time with him? I woke up for a hair appointment that took almost 4 hours. Afterwards, I dropped by my sister's place to see him for about 10-15 minutes because I had to go home and pack for LA. I saw him and he was breathing heavier, and I was really worried, but I thought he'd make it to Monday. I was planning on spending the night at my sister's after I got home from LA to spend his last night with him. My sister called me about 20 minutes after I left. Takeru was gasping for air and my bro-in-law was on his way to take him to the emergency vet. When I called my brother to get directions to the emergency vet, my bro-in-law informed me that Takeru passed away in the car. I let my best friend die in agony. I will have to forever live with that; knowing my baby boy suffered so much in his last moments. I am so sorry, Takeru.
He was such a sweet boy. Here are some pictures of him during his short stay on earth with me. Thank you, Takeru, for being my cat and keeping me company in Japan. I'll bring you home soon.
here he is the day after i found him at jusco. remember, i found two kittens at jusco and put them in my bike basket and rode with howling kittens for 15 minutes to beth's apartment. beth has his brother, ninja, in oregon.

he was so tiny...that remote control reminds me of how he used to love watching tv with me.
this is him on my couch (he loved the couch) at about 5-6 mos of age.

he loved to rip up the toilet paper...he looks so guilty here.

anything in plastic bags had to be hidden from him cuz this is what he'd do to them.

he ate all my plants. here's evidence.

he loved my couch...he was so cute.

here he is in america now....looooungin. he loved my sister's place, and i'm glad that he liked it there.

springtime is so nice in japan. this photo was taken at my school right before i brought takeru to the states. i felt like i was in samurai showdown walking along this path with the petals falling on me. japan was good, bad, and everything in between. but, i found my little guy there. when i think of the beauty of japan, one of the things i think about is these cherry blossoms. takeru, i'll bring you back to your home. i will always cherish the memories. forgive me for letting you go the way you did. i'll see you again someday. i miss you and love you, my baby boy.



3 Comments:
I'm sorry for your lost shannon.
Shannon, don't beat yourself up. He knows he was loved. I didn't know of a happier cat in the world than Takeru.
In your "new post" window, there are 6 little icons in the upper left hand corner above the "recover post" link. The third one from the left looks like a mini Earth with a chain link above it. So what you do is 1) highlight the words in your post that you want to make into a link, 2) click that earth icon and in the window that pops up, 3) write in the web address that you want it to go to.
Post a Comment
<< Home