Wednesday, January 23, 2008

i'm gonna be a mommy!!

yaaaaaaaaaay!!! i'm gonna be a mommy!

to a brand new puppy!!

it's been 6 years since my dog, rusty, passed away. that was one of the most traumatic experiences i've had....along with takeru's death.

i'm an animal lover. and my cat lelu won't come inside anymore to cuddle. i need a new buddy to cuddle. to love. my life isn't complete without a little buddy.

the puppies are almost 4 weeks old now, so i will be getting one in a couple of weeks. they are completely mutts of a smaller breed.

i'm leaning towards getting a little girl....and, i need help with picking out a name. i'm going for things that make me happy...whether it be a certain word...or food! but, in case i get a boy, i need suggestions also.

so, grace, eva, and joe....you can help in naming my new baby!

here are the names i've compiled so far for a girl:
honey
raspberry
cashew (too many peanuts...so, i thought of another nut)
angel
sugar
cherry
kiwi
papaya
tangerine
lovely
sparkly
blossom
muffin
hana (flower in japanese)
and in honor of my kitty wednesday who passed away, another day of the week.

now for a boy:
stewart (laugh it up, grace. but, it sounds fitting for a little boy puppy)
john
paul
george
ringo (i like the beatles, damnit)
jude
rufus
harry

i kinda like cashew for a girl, but only my sister and i seem to really dig the name.

so, if any of my other friends still read this, i'd love to hear your suggestions.


i know a dog is a big commitment, so i'm fully prepared to give up my social life for my puppy. i hate it when people keep asking me MORE THAN ONCE if i'm really sure i'm going to get one.

I SAID YES, SO LEAVE ME ALONE AND QUIT ASKING ME.

thanks!

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess Inaka said...

I like Muffin..and I am biased towards George because I had a dog named George for most of my childhood. George was a good dog, you should name him George if it's a boy.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

I like the idea of a food-themed name. Muffin and Cashew are both good. Don't name your puppy Lovely or Sparkly, though. They're both a little too cutesy and may not be appropriate when your puppy is all grown up!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

I like Cashew, too. I think that would work for either a girl or boy. You can always shorten it to Shewy for the cuteness factor.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still read your blog Shan! :) Puppy names are difficult. Girl dogs are much easier to raise than boy dogs...I like Cashew, Cash for short is pretty tight. Second pick is Kiwi. I've gone through the hell of puppy-dom. Happy to offer advice!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that comment was brought to you by Lynds in the LBC :)

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home