Monday, April 30, 2007

things have really changed since i've come home from japan. for one, i don't blog as much anymore. i've lost the motivation. i've become pretty lazy. then again, i've lost the motivation to do a lot of things.

two, i don't tote my camera around with me anymore to capture those special moments of my life. maybe it's that i don't have those special moments anymore. maybe it's just that i keep forgetting my camera. i remember i was so determined to take pictures when i came home from japan to help chronicle my life to show friends who i don't see anymore. do those friends even still check my blog? i don't know. i know i don't really read blogs too much anymore. (sorry, grace, eva, and joe....i've been lagging)

since i've been home for nearly two years, blogging has just lots its appeal.

it was so awesome to spend my bday with grace though. she came all the way from san francisco to help celebrate with me and my friends! THAT was pretty special to me. eva, thanks for wishing me a happy birthday! turning 28 is not so fun.

i will be an aunty again! my nephew will be born in september.

my nephew, kailan, doesn't like me much. i'm determined to win the affection of my new nephew. screw you, kailan. just kidding....or am i....

the school shooting at virginia tech bothers me. the shooter looks like the average asian kid we see EVERYWHERE in the bay area. although his actions cannot be justified, i can't help but feel sympathetic. he must've felt so hurt and alone. i can't imagine being picked on the way he was. to top it off, fucker had mental problems. i imagine what it must've been like to pick people off indiscriminantly the way he did. must've felt pretty good, kinda like how michael douglas snapped in that movie....was it called "falling down?" do you even quote movie titles or italicize them?....but, if only they weren't innocent victims.

i wonder if he saw god while mowing people down. who knows. all i know is they shouldn't let mental people have guns. THEY SHOULDN'T ALLOW ANYONE TO HAVE A GUN. plain and simple.

i don't know what else i've been thinking about lately.

3 Comments:

Blogger Princess Inaka said...

I'm still here reading away...

As for your post, a wise woman once put it very clearly:
In the words of Ani DiFranco
"If I hear one more thing
about fool's right to his tools of rage,
I'm gonna pack up my things
and move the Canada
and die of old age"

We welcome you southern neighbours...come and drink beer and be overly polite with us.

Love Love Love
Joe still reads your adventures.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

I had so much fun on your bday. I'm glad you did too! I love you! (and I still read your blog faithfully)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

I still read your blog too, although I've been really bad about updating mine. Life isn't so interesting anymore when one doesn't have to procrastinate. I also know what you mean about not carrying a camera around. Maybe taking a photography class will get me motivated to chronicle my life with a camera again. We'll see... I am taking a conversational Chinese class this summer. It's about time that I learn my people's language.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home