countdown to new jersey
ah....countdown. in six more days, i will be on a flight home to san jose with takeru. in nine days, i will be on a flight to new jersey for the 2nd round eliminations for the national team. in 11 days, i will be participating in the eliminations...or tryouts. i suppose it depends which way you look at it, huh? i'm trying out hoping not to be eliminated? hmmm....
i've been thinking about this for the last year. now, it's already just around the corner. my how time flies. how will it turn out? i dunno....i'm not sure if i feel as confident as i did 3 years ago. i suppose i'll just go in with no expectations? my right elbow and right heel are fucked up. my back hurts. i think i'm screwed. if you're reading this, please send me your good thoughts....
i just finished club practice and i stink like old socks. man....kendo really is a stinky sport. today, i made some of my kids in the club smell my gloves. hahaha....goddamn they smell!!! you know, you always have to smell it more than once to confirm just how badly it really smells.
geez...i've really lost my motivation to write a witty, entertaining entry. perhaps the pressure is finally getting to me. or, maybe i'm just a boring person now. on a brighter note, i will hang out with grace this evening. should be fun. i just hope i get a chance to shower before i go. otherwise, i'll have her smell my hand twice to confirm that i really smell bad. it's the smell of a samurai.......
tomorrow, i plan to ask the kendo teacher guy to spar. i want to kick his ass really bad. it should be good. i'll let y'all know how it goes, and if he cried or not.
i've been thinking about this for the last year. now, it's already just around the corner. my how time flies. how will it turn out? i dunno....i'm not sure if i feel as confident as i did 3 years ago. i suppose i'll just go in with no expectations? my right elbow and right heel are fucked up. my back hurts. i think i'm screwed. if you're reading this, please send me your good thoughts....
i just finished club practice and i stink like old socks. man....kendo really is a stinky sport. today, i made some of my kids in the club smell my gloves. hahaha....goddamn they smell!!! you know, you always have to smell it more than once to confirm just how badly it really smells.
geez...i've really lost my motivation to write a witty, entertaining entry. perhaps the pressure is finally getting to me. or, maybe i'm just a boring person now. on a brighter note, i will hang out with grace this evening. should be fun. i just hope i get a chance to shower before i go. otherwise, i'll have her smell my hand twice to confirm that i really smell bad. it's the smell of a samurai.......
tomorrow, i plan to ask the kendo teacher guy to spar. i want to kick his ass really bad. it should be good. i'll let y'all know how it goes, and if he cried or not.

6 Comments:
Man, I envy you. I have been to 6 hours of Kendo practice in the last two days. I had a bit of a boyfriend related hiatus from afterschool club practice for uh..about 4 months so ya it was back to starting from scratch. I suck really bad and I am so sore today that I had to practically crawl on my hands and knees out of my futon.
I sparred with my students and had my ass kicked. But I can yell WAAAY louder than any of them!
What dan are you? I'm curious about just how miraculous you are. I want to come watch you play one day. Are you at Jr. or Snr. high?
Good luck at the tryout.
kick some ass tough momma!
J
joe, kameyama high school's club is pretty bad ass. i'm at a senior high school. i'm 4 dan. i didn't know you played kendo. when'd you start? maybe we can arrange a kendo club exchange? hmmmmmm?
All you crazy athletes and your scary yelling and shinai waving. I'd better stay away from the two of you!
Good luch Shannon! Not that you need it. You will KICK ASS!
We all know Rei will stomp all her opponents into a mudhole and walk away dry.
I'm like a -10 dan. A.K.A attrociously bad. I started playing when I came to japan and don't really understand what is going on ever. The whole "philosophy" and spirit thing escapes me a bit because I don't understand what my sensei is saying.
I'm at Junior High. I practiced with Kameyama Koko once. Those chicks are tough!
It would be cool if you came to Kameyama one day to a practice. Maybe you could finally explain things to me!
Cheers
J
joe, you should come to one of my saturday practices at my school. i structered the practices and it's pretty beginner friendly.
you think your club will let me practice there? what's the club schedule?
Post a Comment
<< Home