Wednesday, November 23, 2005

horses, cheetahs, and pigs.....oh my!

um...sorry i havn't posted any pics yet. it takes a lot of time for a computer retard like me. my apologies.

anyhow, here are some funny things my kids said recently. first, two weeks ago was manners week. we asked all the kids what they thought good manners were. my french little boy, Tanguy, proncounced TAWN-GEE, is the cutest....and not completely "getting it" yet. he just turned four years old.

me: What do you guys think good manners are?
Tanguy: Good manners...are....um....um...when....you...hafta....hafta....be careful.....um.....yeah....careful when you get off the.......horse.

oooookay.

in the spirit of thanksgiving, we asked each child what they were thankful for. here's my favorite one by a little boy named Omer, who's in kindergarten. Jody, the head teacher, asked all the kids.

Jody: Okay, Omer, what are you thankful for?
Omer: I'm thankful for the cheetah.
Jody: Oooookay....the cheetah?
Omer: Yes.
Jody: Anything else?
Omer: Um....I'm thankful for the pig.

gotta love kids. next, i asked a little girl named Erin, who's 4, what her father does for work.

me: Erin, what does your dad do?
Erin: He fixes puters and works in an office.
me: Computers?
Erin: Yeah, puters.

Right on. Last, it was little Nickol's birthday and she had just turned 5 years old. She wore her birthday crown all day that she had got from her teacher at school. During lunchtime, she was standing by another little boy named James, also a kindergartner, when she felt compelled to tell him about her birthday whilst he ate his lunch.

Nickol: James! It's my birthday today! I'm five!
James: I don't care.

He was dead serious when he said that too. good times....

shout out to all my girls overseas!! alice, jenni, joe.....better be kicking ass in japan!!! grace- what the hell is going on with you in the UK? i miss you girls!!!!

next time, i will post those goddamn pics. PROMISE. i think i said that last time....

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess Inaka said...

hooray! An update! I had almost given up.

Puters...I love puters too. Funny. .I got a poem from one of my students about "winter" and for some reason they decided to just randomly put in the word "VD" I have no idea it was like "winter, o-shogatsu, snow, VD" rightooo! I will post it on my website later.

J

how's everything else going? Love?

4:23 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

hahaha...i love james' comment! i would like to say that someday, but as adults, we're required to fake consideration.

11:18 PM  
Blogger shan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Hooray Shannon, welcome back (again!). I'm guess you don't have consistent internet, so Skyping is out? What days are you free? I can call you...

2:42 AM  
Blogger shan said...

grace- skyping is fine, but i'm not usually free until the weekends. i don't even know the time difference and shit....just email me your contact info, girl!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home